Has anyone seen the movie "The Kingdom of Heaven"? Besides the thing that the movie is very well made, the character of Salahuddin acted very well in that movie. I liked the character so much that I got tempted to keep the name of this blog after it.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Puzzle for guessing by not knowing

I came across this puzzle sometime back. There are two guys A and B. And there are two numbers x and y, which are between 2 and 9 (digits, 2 <= x <= y <= 9). A knows their sum, and B knows their product. And the dialogue between them goes as follows:

A: I don't know what the numbers are.
B: I don't know the numbers as well.
A: I still don't know what the numbers are.
B: Same, I don't know the numbers.
A: I still don't know the numbers.
B: I know the numbers now

What is the value of x + y?

No comments:

Post a Comment